Hi friends and bakers!
Who wants some cheesecake?! I know I do! But let's face it, we may not always have the time to wait on a cheesecake (hence the no-bake cheesecakes). But maybe you're new to cheesecakes like me. I really have probably only made one decent cheesecake in my entire life (mostly just never had a reason or the means to). But last night, as preparation for the cheesecake I'm making tonight (Yay more cheesecake!) I decided to step my microwave mug cake game up. That's right, I said MICROWAVE CHEESECAKE! And it's just as easy as any other mug cake! There's no mixer needed (but I used one anyway because I didn't have all night).
The cheesecakes cook very differently to my other mug cakes. They are cream cheese based and delicate so they need a little more TLC when cooking. It is not difficult as long as you follow my cooking tips throughout the recipe.
The entire process (not including chilling) should take about ten minutes. It still has to refrigerate like a real cheesecake, but it's totally worth it and a lot less messy when making because it's the perfect single serve option. Feel free to add any flavour you want like Oreo cookies, raspberries, strawberries, chocolate, even sprinkles! The world is your...well, cheesecake! I hope you enjoy!
1 MINUTE MICROWAVE BANANA CHEESECAKE
- 1 ounce cream cheese,at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream/yoghurt (I used banana Probiotic yoghurt)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional; I didn't use any because of the flavoured yoghurt)
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon flour (prevents liquid from forming)
- ⅓ cup (21/5oz/ 75g) crushed Oreo (or any chocolate or Graham cracker) cookies (extra for the base)
- 2 teaspoons Mr. Boston's Eggnog
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, yoghurt ( or sour cream) ,vanilla, sugar, egg whites and flour until light and fluffy. This recipe makes 3 cheesecakes.
- In a microwavable mug, sprinkle a layer of cookie crumbs in the bottom of your mug to create your cheesecake base. My mug is around 6oz (1 cup)
- Pour in your cheesecake on top
- CAUTION : Each mug cake takes roughly 45 seconds-1 minute. Microwave until you see A bubble in the centre, and then STOP cooking. This will take seconds, maybe 15 or more. Take it out and check it. Microwave for short intervals until you see the edge of the cheesecake firm but make sure the centre is jiggly. If it is allowed to bubble and cook further, the mixture will "break" and you'll need to start over.
- Make a note of the successful cooking time for your microwave. They will take around 45 seconds - 1 minute.
- Take out of the microwave and let cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until fully chilled, about 2 hours. If any liquid has formed, carefully pour out. Top with some whipped cream and a some cookie crumbs. Enjoy!