I don’t know if you’ve noticed the extensive use of “we” in certain posts lately. If you have, you’re probably wondering who this other person is. If not, don’t feel bad, I’m going to tell you anyway. Awhile back I put out a call for a new blog contributor and an angel answered! Her name is Mechelle Sweeting, a fellow cat lover, outdoor enthusiast and foodie extraordinaire! So far, she’s been working behind the scenes for a few weeks to help with the expansion and you’ll soon see some changes like a cleaner homepage and a wider variety of content on the blog. So who is this mysterious woman, you ask?
She loves to eat and cook various cuisines from around the world, including Italian, Asian and Bahamian. Trying different foods and out-of-the-box dishes like escargot, seaweed salad and sushi fuels her love for travel and exploration. Mechelle loves writing; using it as a main source of self-expression: “When you feel it, as you feel it - write it!”
No need for expensive store-bought products, DIY skincare is her everyday go to and nail therapy is a MUST: stiletto, coffin, almond, and gemstones – the whole shebang! She’s a girly-girl through and through with a strong spirit and a big heart! I’m so glad to welcome her to the team and I know you’ll love her!
Here are 10 Fun Facts Mechelle is sharing with us for you to get to know her better! Take it away Mechelle:
Hello Everyone! It’s so great to be a part of the team. I can’t wait to begin sharing with you and giving your life a personal touch! But before we get into that, here are 10 fun facts I wanted you to know about me!
· Usual Sushi order – Seaweed salad, as well as a side of eel sauce and extra ginger to accommodate my roll. I prefer salmon rolls with avocado or cream cheese fillings but I am branching out into ahi tuna
· Favourite Desserts- cheesecake, guava duff, carrot cake
· I prefer cats over dogs - They’re fluffy, warm and snuggle up around your ankles at just the right times. Mr. Wiggins will soon be added to the Sweeting family.
· I can go weeks without meat! From my late teens I spent many years following a vegetarian lifestyle and was content not eating meat. I easily have meals of just vegetables such as smashed plantain, boiled butternut squash or pumpkin.
· In case you're wondering.......it's Mrs. Sweeting ;) My hubby and I love to watch movies and cuddle up on the couch or in the theatre (snacks are ALWAYS included).
· I'm in love with the outdoors and gardening (thanks Mom!). I continue to find inspiration and tranquillity through plants wherever I go.
· My fitness preferences are Yoga, Spinning and Walking.
· Although I started my natural hair journey 11 years ago, I’ve grown my locs for 9, with many trims and styles in between.
· I binge watch Food shows such as Chopped, Top Chef (my favourite), Hell’s Kitchen and enjoy Food Documentaries such as Fed Up!, Food Inc. and Hungry for more.
· I am an avid user of fresh citrus for face masks such as orange or lemon (P.S. lemon and honey is an excellent mix!)