Thanksgiving is next week and I'm sure a lot of you are excited to reunite with family members over a hearty dinner. But let's be real, not all of us come from families like The Tanners or June Cleaver. Some of you may not be looking forward to this and just need something to help you ignore them. Well this post is for you! If you've got a nagging relative you need to drown out, try this apple pie sangria. That sounds horrible, I'm so sorry! But you know what I meant.
I love a good Sangria so I was really excited to share this Fall version. It’s still hot enough outside to enjoy a chilled cocktail and this apple pie sangria also has all of the festive fall flavors that compliment the season. And don’t fret about the amount of ingredients since it’s actually really simple to make! You’ll want to keep these ingredients on hand to make this autumn cocktail over and over… it’s that good!!
As for picking out a good red wine for sangria, you don’t need an expensive bottle. Actually, please don’t use your expensive bottles! There's no need to over complicate this. Just grab a decent red wine, some cider, apple and oranges and get mixing. You're guests will love this!
APPLE PIE SANGRIA
- 1 bottle chilled apple cider
- 1/2 bottle chilled red wine
- 1/4 cup brandy (can be substituted with a smooth dark rum or mead)
- 2 red apples chopped in large chunks (not peeled)
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- cinnamon powder (to sprinkle on top)
- Cut the fruit and place in the bottom of your pitcher or jug
- Combine all of the ingredients except the cinnamon sticks
- Stir, stir, stir
- Let sit for 1-2 hours in the fridge
- About 1 hour before serving, throw in the cinnamon sticks
- Stir, stir, stir :)
- Serve over ice and enjoy!