It's FRIDAY! I'm so excited because this signals the end of a very long a difficult week for me! And it's also a chance for me to rest my hand. I was diagnosed yesterday with carpal tunnel, which to me really isn't a big deal. The pain has subsided significantly but of course no pain would be better! So I'm looking forward to a LOT of R&R this weekend! Especially if it includes these babies!
Arugula and Cheese Muffins
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (25g) baby spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup extra-light olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon garlic and pepper seasoning
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 6-hole, 1 1/2 tablespoon-capacity mini muffin pan.
2. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add caster sugar. Stir to combine.
3. Using scissors, cut arugula and basil into pieces. Add arugula, basil and parmesan to flour mixture. Stir to combine. Make a well in centre.
4. Whisk buttermilk, oil and egg together in a jug. Pour into well. Add grated cheddar cheese. Gently stir until just combined. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin holes. Bake for 12 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of 1 comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!