If you love pizza, and you love chicken as a topping on your pizza, I promise you will love my latest creation! I love pizza! Unfortunately my acid reflux doesn't, which means I have drastically lowered my intake of pizza in recent months. I made pizza once before and since that was such a huge success, I figured lighting would strike twice. And boy did it strike in a big way!
My best friend Amanda who was only in town for a day loved this pizza! I was even a little surprised as I'm still new to cooking chicken (black women around the world, please do not judge me). I actually used the Balsamic vinaigrette as a last minute idea, but it was one of the best decisions I ever made! Get the recipe after the jump!
Balsamic Chicken Pizza
- 1 can Pillsbury pizza crust
- 1/4 can Campbell's tomato soup (trust me, it tastes better than using paste)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cooked chicken thinly sliced (use 2 tbsps balsamic vinaigrette in the skillet while grilling the chicken)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 thinly sliced mushrooms (cooked)
- 2 tbsps grated Parmesan cheese (I didn't use this but I really think it would add to the flavour)
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- Fresh green onions thinly sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unroll Refrigerated Pillsbury pizza crust on to a baking sheet. Spread the tomato soup on top of the crust leaving a half inch around the edge without sauce.
- Add your first lay of mozzarella cheese (about half the cup).
- Then top with chicken, mushrooms and arugula
- Top with remaining cheese and green onions
- Then drizzle entire pizza with about 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinaigrette.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut and serve immediately
Now tell me this isn't better than takeout? You can even make a family night out of it by getting the kids or your spouse/partner involved. Have fun with it! Use as many toppings as you like! After all, it's just pizza ;)