What exactly is going on for you?
- Do you not have satisfying, close and fun relationships with other people?
- A difficult one, but ... do you think of yourself as boring?
- Are you bored in your job?
- Do you generate excitement and meaning in your life?
- Do you generate new challenges?
- Are you dependent on other people to create excitement for you?
- Are you suffering from anxiety? Feeling too anxious to step out of your comfort zone? (The Silva Life System can really help. I'll give you the link further on.)
- Are you suffering from depression?
- Do you have an alcohol problem?
Can you identify any patterns?
- Have you felt bored before in previous relationships?
- If so, has that happened at a similar stage?
- Does the problem of feeling bored occur in cycles?
These questions require you to think about your relationship history. Our brain works by 'pattern matching'. It compares what’s happening in the here and now with a huge array of previously established patterns and templates. It does this at an unconscious level.
My questions will help you to create a conscious awareness of what exactly you’re doing. That way you’re more likely to get to the root of the problem of your 'boring life'.
If you’re flummoxed by this one, maybe you could consider counselling to help you figure it out and move on to leading a more fulfilling life. A therapist is trained to help you focus on your innate resources and meet your essential emotional needs.
Is life boring, or is your partner the problem?
Perhaps you feel that your life is boring because you feel stuck with your partner.
- Does your partner bore you?
- Would your partner describe you as boring?
- Could your partner be bored too?
A 'yes' to any of these questions requires a conversation with your partner. If you haven’t talked about it, then pluck up the courage to do so. To help you get started, there are plenty of pages on my site about relationship communication.
Is your relationship at the root of your boredom?
- Are you actually engaging in the relationship?
- How committed are you really?
- Has the relationship gone past its first stage of excitement?
- Are you able to deal with that inevitable change?
- Do you have sexual relationship problems (see link to page on sex problems on the next page)?
- Do you need some more excitement in your sexual relationship?
- Is your partner actively engaging in the relationship?
- Are you having or thinking about having an affair? (Trust me when I say infidelity is not the answer!)
- Do you feel stuck in the relationship?
- Have you been thinking about ending your marriage / relationship?
- If so, what’s stopping you?
Several of the questions relate to you personally, requiring you to take responsibility for your role in the relationship. However, if you’ve answered 'yes' to these questions, you and your partner need to have a conversation.
Want to talk it over with a professional? Email me below, and I'll get back to you to set up a completely confidential session with you, FREE of charge.