It's Friday! This week has been a little up and down with meals because my step-dad who primarily cooks hasn't been feeling well. So all week long, I've been making a list of ingredients to buy and recipes to try. Yesterday I got this recipe in my email, and it was so simple I had to try it! You probably already have these ingredients lying around the fridge and pantry. A huge thank you to Yummy Healthy Easy for sharing this recipe!
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE
Delicious side dish or meatless main dish full of flavour with cauliflower, sautéed mushrooms & leeks, and an easy cheesy sauce that won't pack on the calories!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- ¾ cup leeks, diced
- 1 (8-oz) container cremini mushrooms (aka baby bella mushrooms), sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Sargento Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Boil water in a large pot and add cauliflower florets. Boil for 5-7 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain and pour into 2.5 quart casserole dish.
- Meanwhile, sauté mushrooms and leeks in olive oil until softened. Drain any excess liquid out. Pour over cauliflower in casserole dish.
- Whisk together flour, milk and egg in a medium sized bowl. Stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese. Pour over cauliflower and mushroom mixture. Stir together in casserole dish. Top with ½ - 1 cup cheese and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve up. Enjoy!
So how do you like your vegetables? Can you commit to a meal of just veggies? Share your love or hate for vegetarian dishes in the comment section below!