With only three more days before I jet set to see my beau, I am officially in vacation mode! This means I am just a little too tired to do anything fancy. Now some may think that making chocolate hazelnut waffles for breakfast is fancy, but trust me, this dish can be whipped up in 20 minutes or less. And trust me, if I had the ingredients I would've done a fancy topping like a cheesecake mousse or a whipped coffee topping. But alas, I only had about 20 minutes before I needed to head out for work so I stuck to basic. I grabbed what was available to me and did my best! The waffle really is delicious and definitely worth trying for your own family or maybe even a significant other! And once I paired it with my iced coffee that I added a scoop of vanilla ice cream to, it'll make you feel like you're having dessert for breakfast!
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT WAFFLES
· 1 cup flour
· 1 tablespoon cocoa baking powder
· 2 tablespoon sugar
· 1 teaspoon hazelnut syrup
· ¾ cup milk
· 1/8 cup espresso (cold)
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Heat waffle iron before starting
2. Mix flour, cocoa baking powder, baking powder and sugar in bowl together.
3. Add milk, hazelnut syrup and espresso, and then stir until well combined.
4. Pour mixture into waffle iron and cook until either the light goes off/green or waffles are brown and done.
5. Serve with desired toppings such as berries, powdered sugar or butter. Enjoy!