After my vacation ended, I had no interest in doing anything! I was feeling pretty down, especially after a DIY project I was looking forward to trying for weeks, turned out to be a miserable disaster. So to cheer myself up, I tried a new recipe.
I may have mentioned before that I despise chocolate. I just don't see the allure of it. But with my womanly troubles, these brownies were EVERYTHING! I had two slices back to back and boy are these good with whipped cream!
This recipe is so simple, even I thought I might have missed out something when I put it into the oven. Feel free to use your own favourite brownie recipe, a box mix or my recipe below! Dry ingredients in one bowl; wet in another. Stir, stir, stir and you’re done!
Now comes the fun part! Nine entire Oreos, chopped up with the cream filling included, go into these brownies. You’ll put about 6 into the batter and 3 pressed into the tops.
That is just chocolate on top of chocolate on top of chocolate! What's not to like? Get in on all the fudgy action with the recipe after the jump!
Cookies 'n Cream Brownies
Yields: 16 brownies
· ¾ c (90g) all-purpose flour
· ¾ c (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
· ¼ tsp baking powder
· ¼ tsp salt
· 2 tbsp (28g) applesauce
· 2 large eggs, room temperature
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· ½ c (96g) granulated sugar
· ¼ c (60g) sour cream
· 6 tbsp (90mL) chocolate milk
· 9 Oreos, crushed
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F, and lightly coat an 8”-square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the granulated sugar. Mix in the Greek yogurt, stirring until no large lumps remain. Mix in the milk. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in two thirds of the Oreo pieces.
3. Spread the batter into the prepared pan, and gently press the remaining Oreo pieces into the top. Bake at 300°F for 15-18 minutes. Cool completely to room temperature in the pan at let the brownies rest for at least 3 hours before slicing into squares.
Notes: For the fudgiest brownies, only bake for 15 minutes and let the brownies rest overnight before slicing and serving.