You're probably already familiar with quiche recipes. Rich, savoury custard flecked with things like cheese and fresh vegetables baked in a buttery crust, quiche is the perfect make-ahead recipe for company's-coming brunches, lunches, and dinners. Whether you like yours with bacon or spinach, this quiche recipes will keep you and your guests happy.
You can't go wrong with this brunch favourite of bacon and cheese surrounded by rich egg custard and an equally delicious flaky but healthy crust, but feel free (if time permits) to go the extra mile by adding caramelised onions and mushrooms.
CousCous Crust Quiche
- 1 cup couscous uncooked
- 1 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 500 g frozen mixed vegetables (optional, I skipped this because of time)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp mixed herbs (any mix or combination that you like)
- 2 tbs self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock (liquid)
- 1/4 cup bacon rashers diced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- STEP 1 Preheat oven to 320F.
- STEP 2 Put couscous into a bowl with hot stock and cover tight. After 5 minutes fluff the couscous with a fork.
- STEP 3 Put all of couscous into a quiche dish or similar and use the back of a spoon to press until all the bottom of the dish is covered. Be sure to press hard.
- STEP 4 Tip the bag of frozen vegetables evenly over the couscous followed by the diced bacon. Sprinkle the cheese over everything evenly.
- STEP 5 Quickly beat the eggs with the milk, flour, herbs and salt and pepper, making sure the flour is mixed in. Pour over the couscous base.
- STEP 6 Bake for 25 minutes or until browned. Serve with a side salad and enjoy the leftovers for lunch the next day
You can really add anything you have on hand to this. Leftover roast chicken and any vegetable combination works great too.