I noticed that the walls of my office were a little bare and in much need of sprusing up. I decided that since I have so many love notes from students on my wall, a handmade artwork would fit perfectly with the decor theme I already had.
This project is really simple and fully customisable. I used the same hand dotted technique that I used with the Tumblers. All you need to make your own is:
- 3-4 different complimentary colours of paint
- Cotton swabs
- 2 pieces of white cardstock
- Paper cutter
- Photo frame (desk or hanging)
- Start with one piece of cardstock. A fun alternative to this would be to cut multi-coloured pieces of cardstocks into fun shapes and designs then glue them onto your white cardstock.
- Dip your cotton swabs into the various colours and create your design. Maybe you want hand dotted, maybe you want to paint a design. It's completely up to you!
- Allow to dry completely. Fold the paper in half until it can't fold in half any more. Then using your paper cutter, cut into triangles. If you want to use a different shape, cut out those shapes from your paper.
- Arrange your pieces on the other cardstock in a design that you like, then glue in place. Allow to dry completely before placing inside of your photo frame, and that's it! Show off your artwork in your office or around the house. You can even get the kids involved in this project!