Coffee lovers rejoice! If you're looking for the perfect pick me up snack after a hard day at work or school, I've got it for you! The bitterness of the espresso adds a wonderful toasted flavour that is not too sweet, but still not too bitter. If you're looking for a little extra sweetness, don't feel guilty about adding some vanilla ice cream! I still think it was one of the best decisions I ever made. The combination of bitter and sweet, along wih the boost of caffeine is what makes this my new favourite dessert to share with my beau!
Trust me, do not make the same mistake I did. I looked at the batter and thought there was no way it could be enough for me but it was more than enough! This is great shared between two people (maybe a bestie or your significant other).
Espresso Mug Cake Recipe
Prep time: 2 mins Cook time: 2 mins Total time: 4 mins
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 6 tbsp self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- Put the sunflower oil, milk, instant coffee and egg in a bowl or jug and whisk together.
- When fully combined add in the self-raising flour and sugar and whisk in again. The mixture gets very thick so it’s not very easy for the kids and will need an adult to help.
- When all the flour lumps have gone spoon the mixture between two microwave safe mugs.
- Cook each one in the microwave for 2 minutes on 800W and allow to cool for a few minutes before devouring!