Tomorrow is the first day of October! So if you haven’t felt the start of Fall yet, you’ll definitely feel it now! With a busy week (and month) over and the promise of a chill weekend ahead, it’s the perfect opportunity to take some much-needed down time and get crafting. While you’ll probably be spending this weekend sipping on spiced wine, brainstorming the perfect Halloween costume or updating your beauty regime with pumpkin-everything, make sure you save a bit of time to welcome autumn with a new DIY. If you’re in need of a festive craft or a fun element to add to your first fall get-together, here are 5 projects to make before Monday’s return.
1. Update Your Summer Shoes for Fall With This Ballet Flats Hack You might be a fan of espadrilles, slide sandals and wedges during summer, but when the temps take a dip (yet it’s still warm enough to show off your feet), we’re all about pointed flats and ballet shoes. Not only are they one of the comfiest styles, but they also have the ability to turn even the most understated outfit into a chic one. If you dreamed of becoming a ballerina, then scroll on for the tutorial below. This shoe hack is calling you!
2. DIY Lipstick: If you’re looking to add more natural beauty products to your lip game or you want to create a one-of-a-kind shade to complete your Halloween costume, it’s time to make your own lipstick! You probably already have all the supplies you need, and now you can try out a whole bunch of crazy colours without blowing your beauty budget. (via Aww, Sam)
3. 5 Ways to Make Your Own Wine Butter I don’t know what prompted this make-ahead technique to spike in popularity, but I’m definitely not mad about it. I mean, butter on its own is one of the most delicious foods known to man, so when mixed with other mouth-watering ingredients plus wine, it rises above nearly everything on my favourite foods list. (Sorry cookies, wine butter just got voted up.) Smear wine butter on toast, top a steak or fancify your morning waffles with it — this hack couldn’t be easier and it elevates any meal. Read on for five (that’s right, FIVE) recipes for compound butters using five different wines.
4. This DIY Pencil holder is too cute! Anthropologie is ridiculous with their price when you can make your own out of recycled materials for less than $5 ($20 if you have to go out and buy the spray paint). And even better, you get to show off something you made yourself and wow your co-workers!
5. DIY Cake Stand I’ve been meaning to try this DIY for months, but just never made the time to try it. After making the chocolate cake this past weekend, I regretted not having a cake stand to put it on when I went to photograph it. So if you are like me, without a cake stand, here’s how you can make your own out of a pie pan and candlestick holder. There’s even variations for other items that you can use to make the stand.
What plans do you have for the weekend?
I can’t wait to hear!