Last year (that's right, I said last year) one of my besties Telia made some loaded nachos that were DABOMB.COM!!!! We always jokingly call her the Mexican of the group so when we had our Cinco de Mayo party last year, I couldn't wait to see what she brought. They were soooooo good they really didn't last long. There were so many layers, I had to dub it the Fully Loaded Nachos. Fast forward a year later, I'm still thinking about this snack as Cinco de Mayo is fast approaching.
You're definitely going to want to try this recipe. There's nothing like a platter of fully loaded nachos to get a party started! It's so easy to make and guaranteed to be a huge hit whether you are entertaining friends, as pre-BBQ snack or to share while getting drunk off tequila. Making fresh salsa is the key to success in this recipe as the store-bought counterparts never taste anywhere near as good! This recipe is can be made suitable for vegetarians, but you can add optional extras like bacon, cooked chicken, pulled pork or spicy beef to make these even more over the top!
Fully Loaded Nachos
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED...
For the fresh salsa:
- 3 ripe tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ red or green chilli, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon white vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large bag lightly salted tortilla chips (200g)
- 200-250g nacho cheese
- 100 g mozzarella and cheddar shredded cheese
- handful sliced green jalapeños (from a jar)
- 150g sour cream
- 150g tinned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves (optional)
HERE'S HOW IT'S DONE...
- Mix all the ingredients for the salsa together in a bowl and season to taste.
- Arrange half the chips on a large oven safe ceramic platter or on a baking tray lined with foil. Sprinkle half the cheese over the nachos and then sprinkle half the black beans over them. Don't forget the beef
- Add the remaining nachos and the rest of the cheese, black beans and beef.
- Put in the oven and keep an eye on the nachos. The cheese will soon start to melt. If it looks like you might want to add more cheese, then sprinkle some more over them now. Cook for about five minutes until cheese has melted. Spread the salsa over the top then add dollops of sour cream. Sprinkle with the sliced jalapeños, coriander and paprika if using. Serve immediately.