Yesterday was mother's day and I hope you all had amazing days with your mothers. Mother's day was a little depressing for me since my mum is with my grandmother in Tampa, and my mother recently lost a friend in a very tragic accident. After recognising that all of the Mother's Day and post-election posts were giving me major social anxiety, I was kind of disconnected from social media this weekend so that I could process it all. I used that time to (FINALLY) start my own Netflix account and binge watch Breaking Bad and Chewing Gum. I LOOOOOOOVE Chewing Gum! Tracy is so awkward and Ronald really did not deserve her. I also love how patient Conner is with her, but I'm totally the best friend Candice in every way (for now at least).
I also whipped up this little no bake dish for my friends who are mother's since my mum is away. Just a little something to say thank you for everything they've done for me and continue to do to support me when times get rough. What I love about it is how quickly you can make this; roughly twenty minutes from start to finish. And did I mention you don't have to bake it? Which is perfect because it is too hot to be working with an oven!
I know I promised a motherload of new materials this month, but all of the overtime I've been putting into my internship is starting to take it's toll on me, leaving me completely unproductive outside of work, my internship and church committments. I promise to work on new material as often as I can, but the Monday-Friday schedule is going to look more like a 2-3 times per week schedule until graduation. Once I'm done with school and my summer trip, I'll be fully dedicated to you guys again, but for now, getting my last 75 clinical hours is priority.
No Bake Mini Banana Rum Cheesecakes
- 3/4 cup vanilla cookie crumbs
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp unflavoured gelatin
- 2 tsp banana flavoured rum
- 1 banana mashed
- In a food processor, combine cookie crumbs with butter and sugar. Divide equally between 6: 4oz cups, roughly 2 small teaspoons each. Press down into an even layer.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together softened cream cheese with vanilla and sugar. Add in mashed banana, mixing until smooth. Fold in gelatin, continuing to mix until no streaks remain and mixture is smooth. Spoon or pipe into prepared dishes. Top off with whipped cream, drizzle with caramel sauce or sprinkle with cinnamonand garnish with a mini vanilla cookie.
- Enjoy immediately or chill until ready to serve.
I saved one for myself so I'm going to enjoy one with episode 3 of Chewing Gum now.