Saying goodbye to summer can be so hard to do. We still have scorching temperatures, making it hard to embrace the furry and wooly fall trends.Even worse,. So what's a girl to do when Starbucks announces their return of the classic Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL), but it's way too hot to drink one? You make a PSL flavoured ice cream, duh! I needed a refreshing cool treat to enjoy that could also be comfort food (work is hard!) so I decided to make myself a pumpkin spice latte ice cream. If you don't have an ice cream machine, don't feel bad. I don't have one either and yet I still enjoy these chilly treats at home!
This is the perfect treat to get you ready for fall season and all the amazing things that come with it, including and not limited to pumpkin, cinnamon, apples, hot chocolate and all things fall fashion! So let's get ready to scream, "IT'S PUMPKIN TIME!"
PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE ICE CREAM
- 1 cup whole milk, cold
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (or just use pumpkin pie spice and ignore the spices)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- A pinch of cloves
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a measuring cup, dissolve the instant espresso in milk. Whisk until dissolved. In a medium bowl, combine the milk mixture with sugar and whisk until sugar dissolves, about 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in pumpkin puree and mix until well combined. Add in the spices and mix well.
- Stir in the heavy cream.
- IF USING A MACHINE: Turn on your machine and pour your mixture into freezer bowl. Let mix for 25-30 mins or according to your manufacturer's instructions.
- IF NOT USING A MACHINE: Using an electric mixer, mix on medium for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer safe bowl and freeze overnight.
NOTE: Must consume within two days of making. Without any preservatives, this stuff does not last long, and after awhile, the flavours begin to separate. No bueno!
More Ice Cream recipes you will LOVE:
Make something from the blog? Be sure to share it on Instagram with the hashtag #lifebyolivia! I love seeing your creations!