Ah! Another pumpkin recipe! Don't you just love it?! Fall is the perfect time to over-indulge in every fall flavour! And that includes pumpkin! Everyone knows that the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte signals the official start of the holiday season. So here at Life By Olivia, we're already in the holiday spirit! To celebrate, we've come up with faux streusel topped muffin to serve along with your favourite coffee beverage during the fall. The coffee flavour is light in this muffin (and we used decaf coffee) so it's perfect with your tall hot drink. With one bite of these pumpkin and espresso flavoured breads, you'll be awakened by a jolt of caffeine and a burst of warm spices!
If you’re wondering what banana flavoured applesauce is and where you can find it, remember those little sippy pouches of applesauce you get for your kids? Steal one of ‘em. You’re gonna use about half of the pouch for this recipe, so don’t feel too guilty about it because your kid can still enjoy the other half! (I think they call this compromise).
PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE MUFFINS
serves only 6 muffins
- I cup flour
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup lactose/dairy free milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon Maxwell house French Vanilla cafe
- 1 teaspoon caramel flavour syrup
- 2 tbsp. banana flavoured applesauce
- 1/8 cup crushed granola
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, espresso powder, Maxwell House powder, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir and set aside.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer, blend pumpkin, sugar, milk, caramel flavour syrup vanilla extract and applesauce.
- Add the flour mix gradually to the mixture, beating on low until fully incorporated.
- Transfer batter to cupcake liners filling 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 10-15 minute.
- Once batter is mostly done, added the crushed granola then return to the oven. This way it doesn't sink to the bottom and only gets lighted toasted.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes on a wire rack, then serve and enjoy!