February is red month. Everyone is painting the town red and the latest thing is our coffee! I've had red velvet cocoa, even pink velvet cocoa and it's amazing!!! So why not have a red velvet latte? With Valentine's Day coming up, I just had to try it! This sinful coffee drink is the perfect indulgent treat that can also double as an afternoon pick me up. It’s a delightful twist on a classic red velvet hot chocolate and it’s a crowd pleaser for sure!
RED VELVET LATTE
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 oz semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1/4 tsp red food coloring
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh brewed coffee
- Place milk and granulated sugar in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer on medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate until melted.
- Stir in food color, coffee and vanilla.
- Serve warm
Doesn’t that sound positively divine?? I hope you love it as much as I do! Cheers!