Eating well is so important. Lately I just do not have the energy to cook or bake. Time isn't a factor but the creative energy and the physical energy are just....not...there! I had a week of meal prepping and while it helped me tremendously to cut down on time spent getting ready in the morning, it left me feeling drained. One of the things I was able to create before throwing in the towel was a delicious Salmon Pasta Salad!
I love easy pasta dishes and I had a salmon fillet in the freezer for weeks that I didn't want to go bad. So I thought, what about a pasta salad with Salmon? It was really easy to put together. If you thaw and marinate the salmon overnight, all you have to do in the morning, is grill it and boil the pasta. You could even save some of the marinade as a dressing for the pasta. So before I hop on a plane today for the annual VIVA conference tomorrow night, I thought I'd share this quick and easy lunch dish that anyone can make!
Salmon Pasta Salad
Serves 1 (simply double ingredients to serve more)
- Salmon fillet thawed
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 cups pasta of your choice (I used Rotini in lieu of Bow Tie pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 cup Kraft Raspberry vinaigrette
- 1/8 cup Kraft Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- pinch of salt
- grated cheese for topping
- Thaw salmon then mix the vinaigrette, seasoning, salt and olive oil in the salmon pouch. Allow to marinate overnight.
- Boil pasta according to directions on box, then drain.
- Saute the salmon in a skillet while the pasta cooks.
- Once pasta is complete, combine the noodles with the salmon, marinade and tomatoes in a dish. Feel free to add other items like corn, bacon or spinach. I just used what I had on hand because I was in a mad rush.
- Top with grated cheese and serve!
If you try this and any of my other recipes, don't forget to shout me out on Instagram by tagging @life_by_olivia or #lifebyolivia; or on Twitter at @lifebyolivia!