Key Lime Pie lightens up! Adapted from Cooking Light, my version keeps the tang and graham goodness of the traditional dessert but with a lot less calories and fat.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce premium white chocolate, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh Key lime juice or fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- whipped topping for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. To prepare crust, combine crumbs, sugar, salt, and chocolate in a bowl, stirring well to combine. Add butter and oil; toss with a fork until moist. Press crumb mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until beginning to brown; cool completely on a wire rack.
3. To prepare filling, place yogurt and next 4 ingredients (through milk) in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until set. Cool pie completely on a wire rack. Cover loosely, and chill at least 2 hours, but overnight may be best. Serve with whipped topping.
· Amount per serving
· Calories 280 · Fat 8.9 g · Satfat 3.6 g · Monofat 3.4 g · Polyfat 1.3 g · Protein 6.6 g
· Carbohydrate 43.2 g · Fiber 0.4 g · Cholesterol 84 mg · Iron 0.6 mg · Sodium 147 mg
· Calcium 144 mg