GAH! I'm so excited for Christmas! I just bought my Christmas gift to myself so it should be here soon (I won't spoil the surprise for you guys) and I'm planning gifts for all of my closest friends and family. In fact, I'm so excited it's hard to narrow down my recipes to share with you guys. About a week ago I took plain white cake mix, added my own sprinkles and Pumpkin Pie Coffee Creamer. IT WAS DELICIOUS! I even baked it in my Christmas baking pans and whipped out my Santa cookie jar!
Today's breakfast comes from She Well. I like oatmeal but I'm not IN LOVE with it. I get full really quickly and end up wasting most it so I don't eat it very often, but today I couldn't resist this Christmas twist on the classic! I didn't have any white chocolate to melt over mine and my vanilla frosting apparently expired in July. So I simply topped mine with maple syrup and granola clusters. Feel free to enjoy it any way you choose!
Spiced Gingerbread Oatmeal
Time: 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup of old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Place all of the ingredients into a small pot on medium heat.
- Allow the oats to cook, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon until they bubble. Lower heat and allow to cook until thick. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- *For the white chocolate drizzle: Place 1 tablespoon white chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a small ramekin. Microwave for 30-45 seconds until the chocolate has fully melted. Avoid over cooking to avoid the chocolate from hardening. Use a fork to drizzle over oatmeal.
Nutrition Facts (per 1 serving without toppings)
315 calories, 15g fat, 37g carbs, 16g sugar, 9g fiber, 9g protein