I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and I hope Santa was very kind to you. I can't believe Christmas is already gone! The day may be over, but like me, I'm sure you have lots of leftovers. Leftover ham, turkey, cookies and most importantly, leftover eggnog! I know we signed off on December 15, for a Christmas break, but I just had to share this quick recipe with you guys! Because this recipe is so festive, I couldn't wait to share it.
The closest coffee shop to me is Dunkin Donuts, and this year, neither Dunkin Donuts nor Starbucks offered the signature Eggnog Latte. Sure Starbucks had the amazing Creme Brulee and Hazelnut Praline but I've got to have my Eggnog Latte during the holidays. And don't worry, this drink is so easy to make. If you've got 5 minutes, you can make this! You don't even need one of those fancy milk steamers. Just combine hot eggnog (that's what microwaves/stoves are for) and espresso and whamo! You'll be enjoying the scents and flavours of the season in no time!
STARBUCKS COPYCAT EGGNOG LATTE
- 1/2 cup hot espresso
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- t teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Whipped cream (optional but why skip it?)
- In a microwave safe mug, combine milk, eggnog, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk/stir until fully combined.
- Place in microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds or until milk begins to froth.
- Remove from microwave and stir again.
- Place in microwave for an additional 30 seconds or until milk begins to froth again.
- Remove and while stirring the eggnog mixture, slowly pour the coffee into the eggnog-mixture.
- Top with whipped cream and cinnamon, and serve.
This Starbucks inspired drink can be enjoyed hot or cold and really makes the Christmas season worthwhile! Check out these other amazing coffee infused recipes before you go!