Strawberries are powerhouses of healthy immune-boosting nutrients. In addition to being low in calories and high in vitamin C and potassium, berries are high in fiber, making them an excellent way to keep you full with this healthy fruit smoothie recipe from breakfast until lunch. Wake up and blend up this healthy smoothie recipe for a great start to your day.
To pump up the nutrients, I added one teaspoon of milled flaxseeds and one teaspoon Baobab powder to the recipe. Flaxseeds are packed with fiber and loaded with lignans, which have been shown to slow down tumor growth in women with breast cancer. They also contain magnesium to help control blood sugar and omega-3 fatty acids to lower triglycerides and reduce inflammation.
Strawberry Pineapple Kiwi Smoothie
- 3 strawberries
- 2 slices kiwi
- 5 pineapple
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon milled flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon protein powder of your choice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Process on the highest speed until a well-blended puree forms, about 15 seconds, stopping to scrape down the sides of the container once or twice.
- Pour into tall glasses. Garnish glass with one strawberry, kiwi and pineapple if you wish. Serve and enjoy!