I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE STAR WARS!!!! Like watching it on opening day in my Star Wars sweathshirt at the earliest showing LOOOOOOOVE Star Wars! I also LOOOOOOOVE hot chocolate. I'm not the biggest fan of chocolate but I must admit, a hot cup of cocoa in the winter is ideal! I was craving some hot chocolate on Monday and just had to make a cup to help me get through my Monday night planning session and photo editing. I borrowed the recipe from Centsable Momma but tweaked it just a little. I'm completely intolerant to half and half so I substituted that and the sugar for sweetened condensed milk (that thick gooey stuff is sooooooooooo good; also my lactose intolerance is really picky). And although I'm a fan of hot cocoa I still can't have it too chocolately so I skipped the chocolate chip morsels inside and just put it on top with the whipped cream. but left in the recipe for you guys. I was also attracted to the recipe because it reminded me of the song, "Death By Chocolate" by Sia. The first verse goes,
Death by chocolate is myth
This I know because I lived
I've been around for broken hearts and how
Lay your head in my hands little girl
This is only right now
What happened next was mind blowing! Of course I added my own mini marshmallows and topped it with whipped cream and more cocoa powder because it just wouldn't be hot chocolate without it. So pull out your hot cocoa mix or your unsweetened cocoa and let's warm up with a big mug together!
Death by Chocolate Star Wars Hot Chocolate
Serves: 4 cups
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chip morsels
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- 3½ cups milk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- Combine the cocoa and boiling water in a saucepan.
- Bring this mixture to an easy boil while you stir.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Simmer and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in 3½ cups of milk and heat until very hot, but do not boil!
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Divide between 4 mugs.
- Add the cream to the mugs of cocoa to cool it to drinking temperature.
If you love hot cocoa but want to change things up and make a frozen version, then you’ll love this recipe. Only 3 ingredients are required and then it’s optional to top it off with whipped cream and chocolate curls. Either way, you’ll love this chocolate-y beverage and it’s sure to become a new favourite.Read More