Earthy, delightful mushrooms are front and center in this seafood dish. It’s hearty and deliciously interesting and affirms once again that mushrooms, seafood and pasta are great companions. The addition of a dry white wine to the sauce makes this indulgent dish too good to stick to one serving!Read More
Hey hey hey!
It's Tuesday, which means we survived Monday!
You know, after completing that workout, I felt so proud of myself, that I thought I deserved a treat. At first I was going to settle for a Peanut Butter sandwich, you know for protein. But then I remembered I was worth far more than that. And since Monday's are my usual pasta for dinner days, I began to fix some pasta. I was pouring the contents of the Alfredo Knorr's Pasta Sides into the pot, when I saw the back of it. You know how these things usually come with recommendations for how to spice up the meal and make it something really interesting? Well guess what was on the back! Chicken Margarita Alfredo! Immediately I knew I had to try this. But chicken can be so over-rated. Now seafood, that's the good stuff! And I just so happened to have some in the freezer.
What I love about this meal is that not only is it a one-pot meal, but it was ready in less than 10 minutes and cost less than $10 to make! Now that's economical! Last week, I bought a bag of something called seafood combination for only $5.67 (yes I remember the price) and it did not disappoint! With real pieces of shrimp, octopus and mussels, this was worth every penny! Knorrs pasta sides are $1.89 here and tomatoes really aren't costly. While I didn't have any Basil, I did have the broad Thyme leaves that one of the teachers gave me. I toasted some bread, sprinkled it with garlic and had a delicious 5 star meal all to myself! I even had leftovers for lunch today!
So if you're looking to impress your friends by saying you're having margarita alfredo, or if you just want to treat yourself to a restaurant quality meal at home, you've got to try this recipe!
SEAFOOD MARGARITA ALFREDO
Makes 2 servings
Cook Time: Under 10 minutes
- 1 package Knorrs Pasta Sides Alfredo prepared according to directions
- 1/8 cup tomato diced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms diced
- 1/2 cup frozen pre-cooked seafood mix
- Basil to garnish (optional)
- Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- Two slices whole-wheat bread
- Garlic and pepper seasoning or minced garlic
- While pasta is cooking, add mushrooms and seafood mix. Remove from heat once pasta is tender.
- Sauce will be thin so allow for it sit for up to 5 minutes once heat is removed.
- Transfer your pasta to a dish. Top with tomatoes and basil. Add the parmesan cheese if you like it extra cheesy.
- Toast bread then spread either minced garlic or garlic and pepper seasoning on top. Use the minced garlic if you want a buttery feel, the seasoning if you like it dry.
- Serve and enjoy!
I hope you guys liked this recipe! Make sure to leave comments and ask questions if you decide to try the recipe. And of course, don't forget to invite your friends to subscribe to get super cool recipes and free printables!