This recipe is a light spin on breakfast by using whole wheat flour, with the added protein boost of peanut butter. This component adds moisture and flavor to your pancake and removes the necessity for syrup or any other sweet topping.
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Pancakes
- 3 tablespoons of whipped peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- 1 large egg (cold)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Combine the milk and vinegar and let sour for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes add all liquid ingredients: egg, butter, vanilla as well as the salt and baking powder.
- Sift the wheat flour and/or pour slowly into the bowl and mix to keep a smooth texture.
- Heat pan or pancake maker and cover lightly with a non-stick spray, butter or olive oil. Depending on the size of the pancake, let cook for 3 – 5 minutes on each side.
- Use your favorite toppings such as fresh strawberries, fruit preserves and jams or syrup and enjoy this recipe for breakfast or brunch.
What is your favorite topping? Do you love pancakes?